- Candidates seeking admission to the first yea B.E Degree Programme should have passed and secured the stipulated marks in the qualifying examinations.
- The higher secondary examination of (10 +2) Curriculum (Academic Stream) prescribed by the Government of Tamilnadu with Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry, as three of four subjects of the study prescribed under part-III or any other examinations of any University or authority accepted by the Syndicate of the University as equivalent thereto.
- Every Programme will have a curriculum with syllabi consisting of Theory and practical courses such as :
- General core courses comprising Mathematics, Basic Sciences, Engineering Sciences, Humanities and Engineering Arts.
- Core courses of Engineering / Technology.
- Elective courses for specialization in related fields.
- Workshop practice, computer practice engineering graphics, laboratory work, industrial training, seminar presentation, project work, educational tours, campus etc.
- NCC / NSS / NSO / YRC activities for character development.
|Community||Percentage of Marks in related subjects|
|MBC / DNC||Average 40%|
|Other Communities and other states||Average 50%|
- Diploma holders can apply for lateral entry in second year B.E as per the above pass percentage.
- Candidates belonging to other communities other than SC /ST should have passed the qualifying examinations within two attempts.
- As per AICTE norms, if vacancies exist, candidates with a minimum of 60% aggregate in a single sitting in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry put together, may also be admitted.
- All candidates other than O C are required to enclose a copy of the community certificate, issued by the competent authority with the application form.