The college offers B.E. Degree Programmes in five disciplines with an intake of 300 students, in the academic year 2012-13.
The Department of Civil Engineering was incepted in 2012 to impart quality education to the Engineering students in the field of Civil Engineering. The annual intake was 60.
Right from its inception, the Department has steadily grown in all spheres in terms of
- Student strength, physical Infrastructure, number of labs – subject wise, as per the rapid upgradations introduced by the AICTE in the recent times and progressive changes in syllabi of Anna University.
- Central and Department Library, number of systems in the labs, requisite software, organization and establishment of in-house maintenance wing and its training.
- The Department has well-qualified and experienced Faculties with various specializations, relevant to the industry.
Computer Science and Engineering
AVCE , a member of Annai Veilankanni’s Group of Institutions, was established in the year 1998. The department of Computer Science and Engineering came into existence from the very inception of the college., Tthe annual intake was 60.
Right from its inception in the year 2012, the Department has steadily grown in all spheres in terms of:
- Student strength, physical Infrastructure, number of labs – subject wise, as per the rapid upgradations introduced by AICTE in the recent times and progressive changes in syllabus of Anna University and Anna University of Technology, Chennai.
- Central and Department Library, number of systems in labs, requisite software, organization and establishment of in-house maintenance wing and its training.
- Brilliant faculty strengthened through qualification improvement programs, human resources in the form of trained supporting staff, all round quality development programs and operating systems for improving upon the functional effectiveness in the department.
- The Department has well-qualified Faculty Members with various specialization relevant for the industry.
Electrical and Electronics Engineering
The Electrical and Electronics Engineering programme is duly approved by the AICTE and affiliated to ANNA University, Chennai. for a period of 3 . Since its inception in the year 2012, the department has excellent infrastructure and is currently served by a team of well qualified, experienced and dedicated faculties whose specialization spans around major areas in Electrical and Electronics Engineering.
Programmes run by the department are,
- B.E.- Electrical and Electronics Engineering
The Department of Mechanical Engineering has started functioning from the year of 2012, offering B.E. degree programme in Mechanical Engineering. The annual intake in U.G was 60.
The department has highly qualified and well experienced faculties specialized in areas like Manufacturing Engineering, Engineering Design, Thermal Engineering, CAD/CAM, Refrigeration and Air conditioning and Energy Engineering. The Department is well equipped with excellent laboratory facilities with adequate technical supporting staff.
- Semester pattern is followed for all the courses.
- The college functions from 9.00 a.m. to 3.10 p.m.
- Modern training methodologies using OHP, LCD complement classroom teaching.
- Students are encouraged to organize exhibitions, prepare projects and present papers in conference / seminars / workshops in various colleges both at the state, national and international levels.
- Personality Development Programmes and Soft skills Training are arranged for all students.
- College bus facility is available connecting all areas.
- Qualified and dedicated teaching faculty and well-trained lab assistants.
- Excellent campus with modern computers and well-equipped laboratories.
- Excellent placement guidance for career opportunities.
- Focus on all- round development.
- Guidance and Counselling cell.
- Scholarships are provided by the Management in the form of fee concession under the following categories:
- Sports Champions
- Meritorious Students
- Excellence in Sports
- Economically backward students
- The State Government scholarship for SC and ST students
The fee prescribed by the university for registration and examinations will be collected from each student separately and sent to the Anna University as per University norms.